November 7, 2014
MTA –Artists Unite Subway Elevator Poster Project
Deadline: Thursday, December 4, 2014 at 12:00 Midnight
Northern Manhattan Artists
Administrative Fee: $15 (see http://artistsunite.ning.com/profiles/blog/list for prior winners).
We are looking for six (6) original artworks by artists residing in CB 12* to be produced as posters and placed in the subway elevators at the A-Line 184th. St. (181st. Subway Stop) and the 190th. St. Subway Stations. One poster in each of the 6 elevators, 3 elevators per station. Work will be seen by thousands of residents and tourists en route to the Cloisters Museum. See Instructions below.
(* CB 12 covers Manhattan north of 155th street, river to river.)
Guidelines: Material must be sensitive to and respectful of the diversity of the community and be appropriate for viewing by persons of all ages and varying backgrounds.
- Material can not include messages that might reasonably be interpreted as an endorsement or advocacy of any political, religious, social or ethnic organization, cause, or belief nor contain logos or other symbols of same.
- Materials can not include depictions of commercial establishments or photographs of individuals, pets, or private residences.
- Materials can not include written or printed text.
- Material can not include content or references which might be reasonably construed as being of a sexual or violent nature.
- Proposed art must lend itself to reproduction as a two-dimensional poster, no more than 29.5 inches wide by 45 inches long, (vertical/portrait orientation).
- Of the 6 posters frames, 5 are portrait, and 1 landscape. Please indicate the direction of your image. And, CONSIDER that your chances of being selected are greater submitting work in the portrait direction, since we only have one horizontal frame.
Deadline for submissions: Thursday, December 4, 2014, 12:00 Midnight. Previous Winners Not Eligible.
Posters will be exhibited for a minimum of six months.
Please submit no more than 4 images in JPG format for viewing. JPG files should be no more than 1440 pixels in any direction (e.g., 800 by 1440, or 1440 x 800 pixels). Include artist’s last name in the file name for each image (e.g., Rodriguez-landscape1.jpg).
Original work may be in any medium: painting, collage, sculpture, photography.
Selected artists will be contacted regarding image specifications for reproduction.
Send Images by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org along with your address in CB12 (Manhattan north of 155th street, river to river). In the subject line enter Poster Contest 2015.
Mail the Administrative Fee: To be considered by the judges, we must receive the Administrative Fee by Wednesday, December 3, 2014. Please send a check for $15.00 payable to Artists Unite and mail to: Artists Unite, 720 Fort Washington Ave. #2K, New York, NY 10040
For More Information:
Contact email@example.com or call: 212.740-9378
Artists Unite will convene a 3-7-person panel to select artwork. Final approval is by the MTA in accordance with listed guidelines.
We look forward to your entries.
Director, Artists Unite